Saturday 5 April 2014

Myself at age seven

I do not remember much about myself at age seven but there is this one incident i probably never forget . From what i recall at that time it was my first day of primary school , i was primary one . It was a combination of nervousness and anticipation , everything went by in a blur .

Except for that incident that happen in the toilet , i was washing my hands after i have finish my business . When suddenly out of no where a pair of hands grab me by the shoulder and pull me into the stalls . It was a indian girl that was obviously taller than be probably a primary 6 student , she push me against the side of the toilet stall position herself at the door blocking my only escape route .

She said : "give me your money ."
I did the exactly opposite of what normal people would do when i reply "sorry , i cant " thinking back ,Surprisngly she did not beat the shit out of me . If i were the robber i probably do just that , but then again the fear of being beaten or even the idea of being beaten have not cross my mind when i refused her. Well i was a slow kid back then .

She begged "please , just give me your money , i have no money "
she went on to show me her empty wallet to back up herself , which was just straight up strange .
"Sorry i cant "i knew that if i gave her my one dollar , i would have to starve . Back then my family was not well of . My pocket money was just one dollar enough for a bowl of porriage and that was my lunch .

Just then a voice eco , i dont who that voice belongs to , let just say my memory was a little fuzzy , but it probably belongs to my teacher that came looking for me . It manage to scare the indian girl who ran away as soon as she heard the voice and i was saved by the bell , literally or should i say save by the voice .

Though we did take it up to the principal but the girl was never caught . I wonder how is that indian girl doing , i wonder as i wrote this if she will remember me if we were to stood face to face ...

And to think i was all hyped up for my first day of school , and then i was robbed . Perfect ...

By katherinehokahyee

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment